12th April 2021 - update
Today after almost 6 long months we get to re-open The Old Spot garden!
We’re feeling a little nervous but mainly SO EXCITED to welcome you all back 💃🏼
We ask of you the following:
– Please be kind….we haven’t worked for almost 6 months so may be a little rusty.
– Please follow the Covid rules we have in place – your health has always been our priority and we want to ensure The Old Spot remains a safe place to be.
– If you have booked a table and can’t make it, please cancel your booking. Give us a call, cancel it online or email us. Demand is high for tables and after being closed for so long we need all the help we can get.
– If you are running late for your booking please call us on 01179 247693 to let us know. We will only hold your table for 15 minutes.
WE CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR FACES!
Pub garden’s are officially re-opening!
We are excited to announce that following the Government’s recent announcement, we will be reopening The Old Spot.
The last few months have certainly thrown challenges our way however we are feeling positive about the future and we can’t wait to welcome you back. The main priority for us going forward is to keep our hardworking staff and our wonderful customers safe.
In line with the official Government Guidance, we will be taking the following steps:
- Social distancing: tables in the pub and garden have been rearranged and reduced to ensure that social distancing can occur
- Increased frequency of our cleaning practices: this includes half hourly cleaning of the toilets and every table will also be cleaned and disinfected after every use
- Facilities: we will be managing the toilets so that one person at a time only is permitted to use them
- Hand sanitising: stations will be available to all customers to use upon entry and use will be encouraged
- Health checks of staff: we are doing these daily before their shifts starts, this includes taking their temperature
- Controlled service: there will be no ordering at the bar – it will be table service only and to minimise close contact, there will be collection and drop off points for food and drinks
- Customer details: we will require the name and email address of the lead booker, including walk-ins, this will be stored in our booking system but not shared with third parties
- Single use: condiments will be provided in single use (non-reusable) portions and our menus will also be single use
- Payment: we will only be accepting card payments, cash cannot be used
- Children: the Wendy House will be out of action and there will be no colouring in or books available for children
- PPE: as per the Government guidelines for reopening we will be managing the risk of opening ‘through social distancing, hygiene and fixed teams or partnering, not through the use of PPE.’ However, for staff who chose to wear a face mask and gloves, these will be provided.
What we will need from you (please!)
- Please plan ahead with reservations – these can be made online or by giving us a call. We will have some seating available for walk-in’s but this will be limited. Tables to book will be available in the garden, the terrace and the restaurant.
- Please ensure that everyone in your party has a seat and that you book for the correct number of people.
- Please be patient with our new system of collection and drop-off stations, your cooperation is key to the success here
- Please continue to respect the current government guidelines.
- Please give fellow customers enough space to practice social distancing and to move freely between the collection and drop-off stations
- Please stay home if you are feeling at all under the weather, we will miss you and will welcome you back when you feel better
keeping the pub safe for all
We will continue to work around the clock to ensure that we go above and beyond in keeping the pub safe for all. Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in coming to the pub during these challenging times and that you feel comfortable that your health is a priority in everything we do.
We really cannot wait to welcome you back and whilst safety is our number one priority, you can rest assured that you will receive the same warm welcome as always.
Thank you for your continued patience, we’re looking forward to being part of the community again.
Amy and the Old Spot Team