4th December 2020 - update
Tiers at Christmas…
I wanted to let our lovely customers know that I’ve decided to keep the doors shut this Christmas. With uncertainty around which national Tier we’ll be in over the festive period – and the knowledge that neither Tier 2 or Tier 3 are financially workable for us or offer a real guarantee of your safety – I feel this is the only decision I’m left with, and the pub doors will remain closed until the end of December.
I’ll review our plan for January closer to the time (and keep my fingers crossed that the world feels like a better place come 2021!).
Thank you all so much for your support. If Covid has taught me anything it’s to take nothing for granted and appreciate what we have – I for one am so grateful to have THE BEST customers!
Wishing festive cheer to all.
Amy & The Old Spot team
26th October 2020 - update
Dear lovely customers,
As the regulations have now changed we wanted to keep you in the loop about what you can expect from us at The Old Spot.
We now close at 10pm, last drinks orders will taken at 9.30pm and all customers will need to be out of the building by 10pm. We have an off license so if you wanted to take a pint home with you, you are more than welcome.
You will need to wear a face mask when you enter the pub but can take off as soon as you’re seated. If you need to go to the toilet then you’ll need to put it back on, and again when you leave the pub. Don’t worry if you have forgotten yours, we have disposable ones that you can have.
The NHS track & trace app is now live so please download this on your phone. All customers will need to scan the QR code to check in. There is a poster in our porch with this on and it’s also on every menu so please do make sure you check yourself in.
It is strictly table service and we will bring everything to you.
All staff will be wearing masks….you may not be able to see us smile but we can guarantee that you will get the same great service.
We are doing everything we possibly can to make sure that when you come and visit us, you feel safe and you feel looked after.
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support throughout this crazy year. We feel very lucky to have such loyal customers so thank you.
The Old Spot
We are excited to announce that following the Government’s recent announcement, we will be reopening The Old Spot on Monday 6th July.
The last few months have certainly thrown challenges our way however we are feeling positive about the future and we can’t wait to welcome you back. The main priority for us going forward is to keep our hardworking staff and our wonderful customers safe.
In line with the official Government Guidance, we will be taking the following steps:
- Social distancing: tables in the pub and garden have been rearranged and reduced to ensure that social distancing can occur
- Increased frequency of our cleaning practices: this includes half hourly cleaning of the toilets and every table will also be cleaned and disinfected after every use
- Facilities: we will be managing the toilets so that one person at a time only is permitted to use them
- Hand sanitising: stations will be available to all customers to use upon entry and use will be encouraged
- Health checks of staff: we are doing these daily before their shifts starts, this includes taking their temperature
- Controlled service: there will be no ordering at the bar – it will be table service only and to minimise close contact, there will be collection and drop off points for food and drinks
- Customer details: we will require the name and email address of the lead booker, including walk-ins, this will be stored in our booking system but not shared with third parties
- Single use: condiments will be provided in single use (non-reusable) portions and our menus will also be single use
- Payment: we will only be accepting card payments, cash cannot be used
- Children: the Wendy House will be out of action and there will be no colouring in or books available for children
- PPE: as per the Government guidelines for reopening we will be managing the risk of opening ‘through social distancing, hygiene and fixed teams or partnering, not through the use of PPE.’ However, for staff who chose to wear a face mask and gloves, these will be provided.
What we will need from you (please!)
- Please plan ahead with reservations – these can be made online or by giving us a call. We will have some seating available for walk-in’s but this will be limited. Tables to book will be available in the garden, the terrace and the restaurant.
- Please ensure that everyone in your party has a seat and that you book for the correct number of people.
- Please be patient with our new system of collection and drop-off stations, your cooperation is key to the success here
- Please continue to respect the current government guidelines.
- Please give fellow customers enough space to practice social distancing and to move freely between the collection and drop-off stations
- Please stay home if you are feeling at all under the weather, we will miss you and will welcome you back when you feel better
keeping the pub safe for all
We will continue to work around the clock to ensure that we go above and beyond in keeping the pub safe for all. Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in coming to the pub during these challenging times and that you feel comfortable that your health is a priority in everything we do.
We really cannot wait to welcome you back and whilst safety is our number one priority, you can rest assured that you will receive the same warm welcome as always.
Thank you for your continued patience, we’re looking forward to being part of the community again.
Amy and the Old Spot Team